Friday, February 18, 2011

Today I will worry....

Today is one of those days. 

Sean got his semi-permanent "appliance" (think "retainer") put in the other day and his mouth has been hurting.

I forgot to give him something this morning for the pain before he went to school.

I found out last night that one of my closest friends from college had died.  This morning I was still in my own world of disbelief, of grief.  I was caught up and forgot....

Do I run over to school with some medicine?  Do I wait for the school nurse to call?  Will he go to the school nurse?  Or will he, not realizing he's reacting to the pain, have a meltdown over something completely unrelated and that will cause a snowball of consequences and jeopardize his integration and everything we've worked so hard to achieve?

So today, as a mom, I failed because I forgot.

No comments:

Post a Comment